Market Intelligence Analyst.
Remote - United States
Competitive package + bonus and benefits package
Why join this global CDMO?
Mission and Culture:
Each day, our client brings 'Science to Society' as they work towards improving the quality of life for patients who benefit from the therapies that they manufacture. They strongly believe that every employee plays an impactful role in accomplishing their mission of improving patients’ lives through client partnerships. Whether you are working hands-on developing, manufacturing, or, testing the products or if you are utilizing your expertise in any other way, through your work there, you will have an opportunity to positively affect countless lives.
They foster a culture that is diverse, inclusive, challenging, and supportive. At Societal, we are committed to continuous improvement both as individuals and as an organization and we encourage our employees to continue their personal and professional development in a variety of ways.
You will be offered a competitive total rewards package that includes health benefits, annual performance bonus, stock options, generous paid time off, holiday shutdowns, parental leave, matching 401k contributions and much more!
Your New Role:
We are looking for a Market Intelligence Analyst to support our client's business growth. In this role you will support revenue growth through the identification of leads and market intelligence to generate sales from new or existing accounts. You will focus on conducting market research with the aim of generating targeted and actionable intelligence for Business Development to use in sales prospecting for the firm's Drug Product Services (DPS) business.
As a Market Intelligence Analyst, you will be an analytical expert, providing critical understanding of the small and medium pharmaceutical business CDMO market including client and pipeline opportunities. You will gather market, competitor, and customer intelligence and translate the information into intelligence that drives effective prospecting by the sales team.
In this remote role you can be based anywhere within the U.S.
How You Will Make An Impact:
- Identify new sales opportunities by researching the active small and medium pharma business space to find potential clients through web search, press releases, LinkedIn and other databases.
- Provide clear, actionable, and timely intelligence to the sales group to improve prospecting success.
- Research and analyze competitors' capabilities, offerings, and marketing and sales tactics to derive insights and understanding for marketing and sales planning.
- Collect and analyze competitor activity data, market conditions, and key macroeconomic and sales trends in the pharmaceutical space in order to highlight opportunities for new initiatives.
- Identify and implement creative ideas for generating business leads for analytical, development, packaging and/or commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing work for the Gainesville and San Diego locations.
- Maintain knowledge of all company CDMO capabilities (products and services) for appropriate lead generation.
- Utilize strong understanding of customer needs and requirements to filter possible leads based on their likely need for our service offerings.
- Apply digital marketing tools, conduct market research and develop intelligence to support strategic growth plan and business cases.
- Identify primary points of contact and gather contact information for prospective clients; You may conduct prospect outreach through email campaigns, social media, and other tools provided by Societal.
- May participate in industry conferences to promote brand recognition and prospect gatherings.
Ideal Candidate Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (Life Sciences, Engineering, Business Management); MBA preferred.
- Generally, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical CDMO industry required.
- Successful experience performing market intelligence, lead generation, and/or selling related services within the business-to-business pharmaceutical CDMO industry highly preferred.
- Experience with market intelligence tools and databases, such as Global Data, highly preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills to interact with a large variety of internal and external customers/clients.
- Strong professional oral/written communication skills and ability to prepare and deliver presentations, proposals, and project plans to internal and external customers/clients.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment.
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from top management, technical partners, and internal and external customers/clients.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and maintain demanding timelines.
- Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data.
- Advanced proficiency in use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing operations, common pharmaceutical raw materials and their applications, and dosage forms.
- Strong knowledge of common pharmaceutical raw materials, their applications, and the principles of formulation development.
- Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development.
Who is our client:
This global firm is a bi-coastal contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with expertise to deliver on our client’s needs, regardless of complexity level. These projects span pre-Investigational New Drug (IND) development to commercial manufacturing and packaging for a wide range of therapeutic dosage forms. They provide industry leading support for small molecule therapeutic development, end-to-end regulatory support, clinical and commercial manufacturing, aseptic fill/finish, lyophilization, packaging and logistics services to the global pharmaceutical market. They do all of this in our best-in-class facilities in San Diego, California and Gainesville, GA.
Apply for this job