Philadelphia - United States
Competitive salary + bonus and benefits package
Charlton Morris are working with a global contract development and manufacturing organisation that specialise in providing an extensive range of integrated services across the drug development lifecycle to the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors.
The post holder will be responsible for the specification, design, development, installation, testing and administration of control systems to the highest industrial and pharmaceutical standard. The focus of the work will be to ensure that automation systems operate efficiently and safely, and in compliance with cGXP regulation.
The post holder will:
- Provide technical support for new and existing automation systems on site
- Apply knowledge of automation systems to manage the specification, design, and implementation of building automation and process control solutions in accordance with GAMP 5 and other recognised industry best practices.
- Manage the upgrade/patching/modification of existing systems, providing technical input to the assessment of impact from the proposed change, and initiating and following the relevant change management process
- Commission automation systems, and manage the resolution of deficiencies through to completion
- Identify training requirements and provide technical training for operations, engineering and maintenance staff in the use of new and existing automation systems
- Supervise and co-ordinate outside contractors
- Liaise with group IS /IT to ensure interfaces between automation systems and IS / IT systems are clearly understood, setup and managed appropriately
- Identify new technology that could be used to provide real business benefit to the Almac group
- Assist in the development of Almac Engineering Services automation standards and good engineering practices
- Undertake other duties in relation to the position as the Company requires, including working additional hours as requested by the Automation Manager
Requirements - Essential:
- HND in Engineering discipline
- Experience in delivering excellent results and projects in the pharmaceutical industry or other manufacturing environment
- Experience of providing support, maintenance, or system administration for existing automation systems
- Experience of specification, design, installation, commissioning automation systems (PLC, SCADA, DCS etc)
Requirements - Desirable:
- BEng or BSc in Software Engineering or Automation related subject
- Qualification in an IT/IS related subject
- Chartered engineering status.
- Experience of specification, design, installation commissioning of Building Management Systems such as Eurotherm Wonderware, Satchwell, Schneider, or Cylon
- Experience on Emerson DeltaV- DCS configuration to include new installations and modifications on existing plant.
- Field instrumentation experience (specifying, configuring, troubleshooting, etc), and understanding low voltage electrical designs and drawings
- Practical experience of tuning PID control loops
- Experience of industrial communication protocols e.g. Modbus, BACnet
- Experience of maintaining / configuration of electronic chart recorder, e.g. Eurotherm
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
Offering a very competitive salary and benefits package and with excellent progression opportunities, this role is a fantastic challenge for an experience engineer within automation. If you feel like this could be your next challenge, then please do apply below!
Apply for this job