Senior Director Business Development.
Boston - United States
$100,000-$170,000 Dependent on Experience
CM Life Science are partnered with an innovative software company, changing the face of patient recruitment in the CRO/Pharma landscape. We are currently working on a unique opportunity to join their team of commercial professionals in this exciting phase of global expansion.
We are currently seeking a Senior Director of Business Development, with an uncapped commission scheme and fantastic package available.
There is a preference for a New England based candidate, but open to remote within the states. The role will report directly to the VP of Sales, while remaining an individual contributor role, focused on developing and sustaining long-term growth and strategy plans. Exciting opportunity to develop proposals independently.
- Research and identify target market, establish potential clients, develop compelling presentations to build relationships, manage the proposal process, negotiate win/win situations and close business.
- Learn and understand company offerings, products, pricing, and differentiators.
- Drive sales and revenue growth within defined territory.
- Sole accountability for sales and account management, meet/exceed agreed measurable financial targets.
- Collaborate with internal departments to expand business portfolio in new and existing accounts.
- Manage RFI/RFP and bid defense meetings as necessary.
- Assembles and directs multiple cross-functional Company resources to close and grow business.
- Present quarterly to Senior Management on key business updates related to sales activities and in relation to quarterly and annual goals.
- Ensure proposals delivered in a timely manner and customer satisfaction is high.
- Develop forecasts and risk assessments, institute action plans when necessary.
- Manage relationships with clients, vendors, and partners.
- Highest level of client interaction.
- Assist in (when required) expansion activities (investment, acquisition, corporate alliances…)
- Develop with supervisor, key customer visit schedule.
- 7+ years of progressively more experience in CRO/Pharma/E-clinical technologies company, with extensive sales experience.
- Selling patient recruitment or clinical trial technologies.
- Experience negotiating with small-large biopharma companies and multi-million-dollar contracts.
- Experience in fast growth start-up environment preferred (multiple-hats mentality.)
- Experience working in PE funded environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge and network in pharmaceutical outsourcing groups and clinical operations executives.
- Solid understanding of drug development principles.
- Strategic business understanding and ability to identify and translate emerging trends.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to work on multiple priorities.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Maintain effective relationships with clients, managers and coworkers.
- Successful record of accomplishment with financial targets and delivering proposals.
- Ability to travel often.
- Minimum BS 4 year degree.
To apply directly, click the link or email Elisabeth.Edmonds@CharltonMorris.com
Apply for this job