Senior Director of Bioinformatics.
New York - United States
Depending on Experience
A growing precision medicine and women's health organisation is searching for a Senior Director of Bioinformatics to grow out the bioinformatics team and direct the overall bioinformatics strategy.
- Managing an internal group of employees with backgrounds in statistics, mathematics, biochemistry/biophysics, and related disciplines, as well as external consultants
- You will be involved in the development of new methods for genomic data mining and algorithm development, leveraging your knowledge of computational modeling
- You will be working closely with the lab and quality group on sustaining, monitoring and improving lab metric analysis
- Key interactions will be with the bioinformatics/software development, quality, clinical laboratory, research, process development and clinical groups
- This role will be a lead decision-maker on statistical evaluation of clinical trials protocols and will play a key role in statistical interactions with regulatory agencies
What do we need from you?
- PhD, MS or equivalent experience in a relevant, quantitative field such as statistics, computational biology, biochemistry/biophysics, informatics (chemical or biological), applied math, or a related field and at least 7+ years (PhD) or 10+ years (MS) working in the pharma/biopharma, molecular diagnostics, or academic arenas
- Previous experience at a molecular diagnostics company is essential
- Experience in computational modeling, algorithm development and machine learning is a must
- Experience with the analysis of large genomic datasets is required; the ability to program in a variety of computer languages (R, SAS, others) is necessary
- Experience designing, analyzing and publishing either clinical trials or observational studies
How do I apply?
Apply here or reach out to email@example.com to discuss the role further.
Apply for this job