Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Lab Director
Katalyst Laboratories is a leading diagnostic and testing company based in central London and working within the aviation, cruise, film & tv and theatre industries. Due to rapid growth we are looking for Laboratory Technicians to join the team.
Whilst based out of our London hub, there are opportunities to work in different locations on short term projects.
Please note that we are dynamic business, and the throughput of work can vary daily. We require someone that feels comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Overall Job Purpose
Running diagnostic tests safely and efficiently.
• Minimum of 2:1 BSc or equivalent in Life Sciences/Biomedical Sciences or other closely related degree
• Extensive laboratory experience working with PCR
• Experience in using statistics to interpret PCR results
• Good organisational and analytical/problem solving skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Very high attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to apply knowledge and skills in a highly organised fashion while adhering to process guidelines, and client expectations
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed
• Driving licence with access to a vehicle is an advantage
• Experience with virology or clinical microbiology diagnostics
• Experience operating in a CL2 laboratory or above
Apply for this job
Katalyst Laboratories is a market leading and premium diagnostic and testing provider, currently providing a bespoke COVID-19 testing service
within the UK and European aviation, cruise, film & tv and theatre testing industries The company is benefiting from exceptional growth and is recruiting to maintain its marketing leading status. Our USP’s being our point of care testing solutions allowing us to test on location; a central London laboratory; world class customer experience and understanding of complex workflows.
The Company is expanding into the mainstream health and well being space creating a wide range of career opportunities for the right individuals.
Katalyst strives to cultivate an energetic and diverse working environment offering successful candidates a progressive career plan. Where possible Katalyst promotes from within and advances staff responsibilities. We operate a flat management structure which allows team members to own projects and be accountable for success.
Katalyst Laboratories is based at our Testing Hub in Soho Square, London, where we also provide COVID-19 test processing services for London-based businesses and private healthcare providers.
Katalyst Laboratories will be introducing over 100 new health and wellbeing diagnostic tests in the next few months as we continue to grow our market share.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
With our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, KL will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation.
If you're interested in this position, please fill out this form with your details and someone will be back in touch with you to discuss this further.