Head of Human Resources .
Hayward - United States
The Vice President of Human Resources will lead all HR related activities for the company. As a member of the leadership team s/he will work closely with the team to align the HR agenda with the growth and strategic objectives for the company. The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive – an excellent strategist who is able to lead a team through excellent execution as well. S/he will be dedicated to developing strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and “roll up their sleeves.”
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and lead a proactive HR team to support the business leaders in achieving their goals and talent strategies. Provide efficient and effective HR tools, programs, and services to all managers and employees in headquarters and in the manufacturing facilities.
- Lead the development and execution of an appropriate market competitive total reward (compensation and benefits) strategy that enables the company to attract, hire, develop, reward, and retain top talent, and to deliver on the business objectives. Implement a market competitive approach to managing the overall compensation strategy for base, incentive, and “equity” pay in the context of being part of a non-Domestic company.
- Develop an effective and efficient approach for workforce planning and recruiting to quickly build the capabilities needed to achieve the business objectives.
- Assess current HR policies, processes, and systems. Build the HR infrastructure needed to support the company’s growth and business strategies. Provide the appropriate day-to-day tactical support to help the business and support staff leaders run their respective areas effectively.
- Provide overall leadership and an HR strategy to drive a talent management and development agenda to support the business: design and implement performance management, leadership and employee development, pipeline recruiting, and succession planning processes company wide.
- Provide and possess strong leadership and business acumen, data and analytical skills and relationship-building capabilities to inspire employees and the organization around common goals, vision and values as the company continues to grow.
- Engage with executives and direct reports to establish an environment that is motivating and entrepreneurial in nature. Lead and coach the HR and executive teams to achieve a “best place to work” culture.
- Reinforce a strong collaborative culture with senior leaders, peers, and other functions with the company. Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, commitment, focus, excellence, and impact.
- Be an effective spokesperson and champion for the HR team and Twist Bioscience in the industry and local community.
- Participate in and lead any organic growth-related HR work for the business connected to due diligence, talent assessment, organization effectiveness, and culture integration.
- Track record of success in fast growth and “startup-like” cultures.
- 15+ years human resources leadership experience, including large and small companies. Ideally, would have worked for companies well known for excellent HR practices.
- Experience leading an HR team to support a workforce with hourly and contract employees.
- Experience supporting an engineering or manufacturing environment in a global company.
- Respect as an HR leader with strong generalist/business partnership background and current knowledge of emerging HR trends and practices. Ideal candidates will have helped support a new emerging business and will be well versed at helping to drive change and shape an organization’s culture.
- Proven leadership experience and track record of success in leading an HR function (setting the vision, and building, leading and motivating the team) in a dynamic, high growth environment where management of complex and often conflicting requirements is a critical driver of success.
- Experience serving as an expert senior counselor and coach to the CEO and senior management team of a fast changing, dynamic and results-oriented organization.
- Proven HR generalist knowledge and skills, with a broad understanding of all the technical and functional components of HR including: compensation, strategic planning, organizational and leadership development, talent management, recruiting, benefits, HRIS, employee relations, M&A, and training and development.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and an ability to quickly develop an excellent sense of the business and its operations and processes. Understands the financials of the business and budgets.
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics combined with the professional credibility and accountability to command respect and engender confidence across the organization.
Apply for this job