Director of Business Development.
Boston - United States
Depending on experience
Director of Business Development (US-East)
About the position
The Director of Business Development will be an important member of the team to drive out-licensing efforts for preclinical assets and partnering strategy on AI platform technologies as well as discovery collaboration with external companies. With the primary regional focus on the east of the United States, you will be a part of global business development team who are passionate about the transforming experience that AI can bring to drug discovery and development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for scouting, due diligence, negotiation, and execution of BD deals by working closely with our CBO, management, business development, R&D, AI, legal, and finance teams, as well as external parties. Responsible for alliance management post-deal closing.
- Collect market, business and technical info and develop business insights.
- Assist CBO on M&A deals and other strategic partnerships.
- Other activities as may be assigned by management.
- Able to travel 20%-40% of time.
- Able to work flexible hours across various time zones.
- Master’s degree or above (MBA, PhD preferred) with at least 10-15 years of experience in US biotech, life science, global pharma with an undergraduate degree in biology, chemistry, computer science or engineering related field. Successful business development track record is required. Software industry experience is desirable but not required.
- A solid out-licensing, collaboration and/or service deal track record is required with industry rolodex. Experience with financial modelling and product portfolio strategy are required.
- Solid understanding of the drug discovery and development process, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML).
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and oral. Fluent in English.
- Hard working, energetic, flexible, agile and ability to learn on the fly. Willing to adapt to a fast-paced working environment with a sense of urgency.
- Strong people skills. A strong team player and be willing to mentor/supervise other junior members.
- Able to work independently. A great team player and able to work in a diverse, multicultural, and globally distributed team.
- Location: East Coast, US (Boston preferred).
Apply for this job