Research Scientist QMS.
Rushden - United Kingdom
Depending on experience
Charlton Morris have partnered with a leading CRO in Northamptonshire to find a QMS Research Scientist. Our client to provides a solution in characterising a drug candidate’s ADME properties, kinetics, bioavailability, and safety, as well as determining Fate of molecules in the environment and identifying the nature of residues in livestock and crops. A passionate business with a strong appetite for growth and innovation, we are proud of their achievements to date and are excited for what their growth plans. To continue our growth and success, they are seeking for are looking for the best talent to join the team in Rushden.
Purpose of the QMS Research Scientist: To perform a broad range of laboratory-based tasks on Bioanalysis studies and provide LC-MS/MS support across Metabolism for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform established analytical procedures
- General laboratory tasks
- Support other members of staff in their work as appropriate or as directed by Management
- Prepare samples for quantification, chromatography, or other analysis.
- Assist in the development of new analytical procedures/study types.
- Perform more complex experimental techniques e.g., instrument set up and maintenance, method development (with guidance as appropriate), as required.
- Prepare study updates and study data for communication to the client and inclusion into reports.
- Calculate and QC check data for review by relevant Study Director
- Always comply with Health & Safety legislation and Company Safety Policies.
- Ensure that any defect which may affect safety at work is brought to the attention of Management
- Comply with Good Laboratory Practice(GLP), Good Clinical Practice and/or Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements whenever appropriate to the work being undertaken.
- Ensure that Personal Training File is always up to date.
- Respect the confidentiality of information obtained in the course of duties performed and refrain from disclosing such information without written consent from management, except where disclosure is required by law or by the order of a Court.
- BSc (Hons) or MSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, or related subject
- Previous experience of working in an analytical, biochemistry or similar laboratory
- Experience of working to GLP
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent proficiency in Laboratory techniques
Key Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory and written work
- Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Prioritisation and scheduling
- Willing to get involved with new ideas and initiatives
- Flexible e.g., willingness to amend working pattern to meet study requirements including on occasions early starts, long days or weekend working
- Commitment to self-development and learning
- A “can do” attitude
Apply for this job